Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Hunk

Last week my husband had a business trip to Utah. This particular time he brought me home a present. This is rare! He travels a lot so if he brought me a present from every trip, I would need to rent a storage unit! Plus, he's not the best gift buyer. I love him dearly but he usually has to ask the kids what to buy for me for Christmas, birthdays, or Mother's Day.
In just a couple of weeks, we will celebrate 23 years of marriage. So, he has kind of learned that I like unusual stuff.
He went in a gift shop by Zion National Park and saw this...


It's a huge hunk of glass.
He said they had a large bin full of it in all colors.
He thought it was something I would like (he was right) and bought me a piece.


I love the colors!


When my husband was paying for the glass he asked the lady at the store if the glass was from somewhere local. She replied, "No, we get it from somewhere in Georgia."
So, my husband traveled from Georgia to Utah and brought back a hunk of glass that had traveled from Georgia to Utah.
So, now it is back home in Georgia resting on my mantel!



3 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool glass. I dig the colors too. I like how it made the trip and then reversed to return to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great piece of glass...and what a small world ...
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawww, LOVE the hunk...and love the other hunk's thoughtfulness! How BLESSED are YOU!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...